A simple facebook app to display notifications on the desktop as a fun experiment to learn a little more about the facebook api. It is currently incomplete as it was a little rushed and I ran out of free time but I wanted to get some criticism on it for my
1st web application. It is developed using WPF and C#.
- Live news feed notifications
- Live wall feed notifications
- Update Status
- Access to news feed,wall feed,inbox through GUI on desktop
Features not yet implemented that I was planning to
- Login Screen - Currently the login page is sitting in the settings tab and was meant to get moved to a proper screen but just didn't have the time.
- Ability to comment on feeds
- Ability to send messages from Messages tab
- Ability to browse profile pages by clicking on links
- Like button
- Proper caching of images - Currently all images are cached to the hard drive but they are not updated dynamically so the cache needs to be cleared manually to get updated pictures.
- Minimise to tray - Ideally I just wanted the application to run in the background but WPF wasn't the best for minimising to the tray so a 3rd Party open source library was used. The tray icon is there but I never got around to making the window hide and
making the menu for the right click event for the tray icon.
- Settings tab
So as you can see there is still a lot I never got around to that could have been added in but in the future I would like to make a more generic notification application for Windows similiar to how Ubuntu has gwibber. Even though this application is incomplete
I plan to use it as a learning curve for my next application but I figured I'd make it open source just as a starting point for myself.